- 82% of customers who left a review for Birmingham Airport Lounges would book again
- 1800 customers have given an average rating of
- Aspire Lounge Hi we are still awaiting refunds for the airport lounge having not got in due to over capacity
Mr Smith 17 Oct, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge I have previously used this lounge and also the Aspire lounge at East Midlands airport and was excited to start my holiday with a treat.
Unfortunately I was incredibly disappointed on this occasion.
The hot food options were a tiny plate of chicken and chorizo pasta, a vegetarian curry and a bowl of soup. The cold snacks consisted of a small scone and a chickpea and couscous salad, this is all that was on offer.
We had to wait over 20 minutes for drinks, I had to end up asking one of the waiting staff and they were incredibly apologetic.
I don't feel that I received value for money on this occasion and I've asked for a refund and awaiting a reply.
I feel that if you can't offer a proper service then perhaps the lounge shouldn't be open until you can.
Mr Hewitt 17 Oct, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge Absolutely disgusting. I wrote to holiday extras to complain on Tuesday 12th October, ref No He:5QC13k. But not received a reply. We originally booked the clubroom lounge to have it canceled which left only the spire lounge open to book. Why did you let us book the clubroom when it was closed? We have used holiday extras numerous times but feel we have been well and truly duped out of our money.
Mrs Wilson 17 Oct, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge The Aspire lounge was a waste of money and very very poor service, poor quality food. Please email me for more of my feedback as I have contacted Aspire at Birmingham Airport and I still have not had a reply. A party of 4, spent 30 mins there and left
Mrs Rigby 17 Oct, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge It was ok .. food was not as good as other lounge
Didn’t like the being served seated but I understand why.
I won’t book aspire lounge again
Miss Yorke 16 Oct, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge Extremely helpful nice and quiet
Ms Chelu 13 Oct, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge Have already submitted a complaint.
Mrs Cawthan-Martin 11 Oct, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge Very poor. Unfortunately we had booked and paid for the 25th September but we're unable to fly due to innadequate covid testing. I then rebooted the Aspire Lounge for the 26th September. So, more than £100 spent.
On arrival, we were advised that a delivery of food and drink was awaited and supplies were minimal. There was very little food and drink. Drinks were limited to red wine, spiced rum, famous grouse whiskey and there was a small amount of vodka if we were quick to order. After 35 minutes we had not managed to order anything on the QR scanner as the internet connection was so poor. We were then advised not to use the Aspire internet connection as it is problematic and to use the Airport Wi-Fi instead.
However, upon ordering cheese and biscuits, we were told there was no cheese, but we could have butter with our crackers. I asked about gluten free options for my wife. She could have bacon or salted crisps. My wife had a coffee and two packets of salted crisps, which works out very expensive. I did make a point of ordering two vodkas and two whiskeys although I would not normally by choice.
The only sweet treat was a scone with butter and no gluten free option.
I did contact the office on the Manchester number given and left two messages, but have had no reply. Very disappointed.
Over £100 spent for very little return
Mr Parker 10 Oct, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge could have been hugely better if the lounge was actually OPEN
Mrs Ford 10 Oct, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge The Aspire lounge laves a lot to be desired. Whilst we accept there are shortages we cannot accept that Costa managed a better range of refreshments. It was a great shame that No1 lounge was closed as this is our preferred lounge.
Mr Woodward 06 Oct, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge After waiting for quite some time to get in we were shown to our table when we were informed that there was not a great selection of food and there was no beer so we asked for our money back in which we were told we had to contact the lounge directly. We have not had the opportunity to contact them yet so don't want to pass comment just yet, but not a good start to the holiday
Mr Husnu 05 Oct, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge Food options under covid restrictions really bad. Cheese on crackers, cream scone or a hot pasta dish or soup coupled with slow service.
Mr Cockwill 28 Sep, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge We were refused entry by the staff as they said we should of arrived at 12, we got there at 1.30 and I told them our email states we can use the lounge 3 hours before our flight which was 3.30. The staff member agreed our email had the wrong information and took a photo of it but still refused us entry. Very embarrassing. Awful service which we paid 60.00 for nothing.
Mrs Fletcher 27 Sep, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge Service was so slow, even for a drink. Then our drinks finally came & they were wrong so we had to wait again. When you have less than 2 hours & you’re waiting 45 minutes for a drink it’s very poor.
We ordered another drink & something else to eat as portion size was very small but we waited so long that the final call was announced & we left before our order came. The menu choice was pretty poor too. We fly twice at least a year usually & don’t think that we will book this lounge again.
Mrs Parker 26 Sep, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge we always use airport lounge when we travel and have always thought it was well worth the money but not this time
we could not get the app to load properly
could hardly find any staff to help and when we did they were very slow with bringing us anything we ask for needles to say it was not vaule for money this time as time was wasted waiting to actually get some food and drink.
Mrs Heap 01 Sep, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge Very slow service meant we weren't able to experience the lounge. Used the app and it didn't work. Waited ages. Limited menu for Kids
Mr Boulter 31 Aug, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge Arrived and tables were dirty. Ordered and took 40 minutes for first order of drinks. 2nd order took just over an hour to arrive and order was not complete. 3rd order lost. Was not half full. Everyone was complaining. Upsold to include late departure to find out lounge closed before our flight was due to take off so not relevant. Total waste of money and would never use again.
Mr Eaton 30 Aug, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge The service was so shocking we are awaiting a refund that Aspirte have agreed to. They have authorised you to pay and we await funds
Mr Goodwin 27 Aug, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge Well what a waste of money. We arrived in the aspire lounge with 1.45hr to spend. Unfortunately we found that it was table service for ordering all your items. (This was never explained to us when booking). This would of been fine if we had are own waiter but when there was only two ladies serving the whole lounge meant a very long wait for drinks and food. We ordered only to then find out only part of the order came through meaning we ended up waiting over 45mins for the cooked breakfast. Overall the experience wasn’t relaxing at all. I felt like the service wasn’t first class and the staff were far from happy. Such a shame. Wasn’t expecting to start the holiday in such a disappointing way. We didn’t get chance to order multiple drinks or even finish our cooked breakfast as the service was so slow. We had to go to departures and board our flight.
Please could someone explain to me why you can’t bring back the help yourself option with the food. Ive just come back from a 10day all inclusive holiday where I was touching the utensils etc to get my food. I don’t think I will be booking a VIP lounge in Birmingham again.
Mrs Parry 22 Aug, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge Awful experience. Souless, atmosphereless lounge. None of televisions worked, seated at a coffee table to eat breakfast, when we ask if we could move so we werent eating on our laps told we couldn't switch tables when we hadn't even chosen it, we had been told to sit there. Eventually when my husband said there is literally noone else in here this really isn't ideal, let us move. Food wasn't self service as described had to order on an app, half the drinks and dishes weren't available. No croissants, no toast etc. Absolutely awful atmosphere, we left after half an hour and wouldn't return if it was free! Complete false advertising.
Mrs Ley 14 Aug, 2021out of 5
- Aspire Lounge 10 out 10 all went very well
Mr Oneill 18 Nov, 2020out of 5
- Aspire Lounge Everything went smoothly
Mr Thompsell 26 Oct, 2020out of 5
- Aspire Lounge Was welcomed by lovely young lady showed to table all our needs were waited on and always smiling must say best mushroom soup and staff beautiful was lovely start to our hoilday
Miss Guilfoyle 25 Oct, 2020out of 5
- Aspire Lounge Great experience. Comfortable surroundings, good food and service and plenty of drinks. Great way to start your holiday. Highly recommended.
Mr Jagger 07 Oct, 2020out of 5