Philadelphia Airport Transfers
Book your cheap airport transfer from Philadelphia Airport through Holiday Extras from just £78.98pp, with FREE cancellations*.
Philadelphia is the US city break with it all; history, culture, nightlife and a seriously cool vibe. Our Philadelphia Airport transfers can get you destinations in and around the city in as little as 20 minutes, including Downtown, Wilmington, Southern Chester County and Newark.
For more American destinations, explore our other USA Airport Transfers page, for transfers to popular locations including Orlando, New York and Miami.
Compare low-cost transfers from Philadelphia Airport
|Drop Off Destination||Transfer time||Price (per person)|
|Wilmington||1 hour||£78.98 (Shared shuttle bus)|
|Downtown Philadelphia||50 minutes||£95.22 (Shared shuttle bus)|
|Downtown Philadelphia||20 minutes||£100.87 (Private car for 3 people)|
|Newark||3 hours||£87.51 (Shared shuttle bus)|
|Southern Chester County||1 hour 5 minutes||£88.82 (Shared shuttle bus)|
How Do The Airport Transfers Work?
What happens once I've booked my airport transfer?
- Use the fast and secure engine at the top of the page to choose your Philadelphia airport transfers.
- When you have booked, you'll receive an email confirmation with all the important stuff on it such as the pickup time and meeting place.
- Print a copy off, and be sure to put it somewhere safe, as you will need to show it when you take your transfer.
- Sit back, relax, and start dreaming of Philly cheesesteaks.
At the Airport
- When you arrive, go and wrestle your bags off of the baggage carousel and head through to the arrivals hall.
- If you're on a shared shuttle, there will be a representative waiting to show you to your coach.
- For those of you on a private transfer, you will see a person with your name on a board (just like in the movies!) They will either be in the arrivals hall or at the designated desk, there will be full instructions on your confirmation.
- You will need to show or give a copy of your confirmation to your driver, just make sure you keep hold of your return confirmation, as you'll need that one on the way back.
- In fact, your confirmation has got all the details on it, so if in doubt, check it out.
Uh oh! My flight is delayed!
Delays happen in travel, and we have a cunning plan just in case it happens to you. On your confirmation, there is a phone number, which will put you through to your provider. Let them know what's happening, and they'll ensure that someone is waiting for you when you land.
When it's time to come home
All good things must come to an end and when it's time to say cheerio to Philadelphia, your return transfer to the airport is taken care of.
- All the details of your return transfer are on your confirmation, including pick up time and location.
- In many cases, your driver will meet you at the door of your accommodation, so all you have to do is roll out of bed and roll your cases into the transfer vehicle.
- It's recommended that you're ready to go at least 15 minutes before your pick-up time, to keep everything running like clockwork.
As the largest city in Pennsylvania, Philadelphia has a lot to offer visitors. It is a hugely important and iconic city in the history of the USA, home to the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall where the Declaration of Independence was signed. These sites alone make it a must-visit for history buffs.
Philadelphia offers far more than history. The city is regarded as a cultural hub on the east coast, with a plethora of museums and attractions to keep even the most discerning traveller busy for weeks. The Benjamin Franklin Mile is where the majority of them are, and the street, modelled after the Champs Elysees in Paris, is a beautiful place to visit in its own right. Perhaps the most recognisable museum in the city is the Philadelphia Museum of Art, famous not for its awesome collection of paintings, but instead for the 'Rocky' steps leading into the building. Film fans flock here to have their own air-punching moment on the 72 steps where the well known Sylvester Stallone film was shot.
Between the museums, the film locations and the historical sights, you may want to see a more laid back side of Philly. If so, head to the Delaware River waterfront, a beautiful district on the banks of the river that flows through the city, with a wide variety of restaurants and bars to while away chilled out afternoons. While you're there, why not try the local delicacy, a Philly cheesesteak? This combination of bread, thinly shaved steak and a cheese has become almost as famous as the city itself.
Another place of astonishing beauty in the city is Boathouse House, tucked behind the Art Museum. This colourful row of boathouses along a peaceful stretch of river has become an Instagram favourite, and it looks just as pretty in real life as it does in pictures.
A choice of transfers
Whether you're on a budget or wanting a touch of luxury, we have got a range of shared and private transfers from Philadelphia airport.
Your airport transfer will aim to drop you off outside your chosen address, so there's no need to be dragging your suitcase around looking for your hotel. Please note that sometimes due to vehicle size or your drop off point being in a pedestrianised area, you will have to be dropped off nearby instead. This will be confirmed before you travel.
Not all transfers are created equal, so we have trawled through providers to find you the best range of options at the best prices. All of our vehicles have room for 1 suitcase per person, and air conditioning as standard.
- Our cheapest transfer is a shared shuttle bus. You'll be sharing the ride with fellow travellers so will take a more scenic route to your accommodation.
- If you're travelling solo or with a few friends or family, our private transfer cars are ideal. With space for 3 people, this is the most cost-effective private transfer option for small groups to start your holiday in style.
- For larger parties, our minibuses are the way to go. With room for up to 8 people, they can work out very cost-effective when the price is split between travellers, and are far simpler than trying to organise multiple taxis or corral everyone onto public transport.
- For an ultra-luxurious transfer, we offer executive cars, including Mercedes models, for an extra special start to your trip.
Philadelphia Airport FAQs
How many airports are there in Philadelphia?
Philadelphia International Airport is the only airport in Philadelphia and is the largest airport in Pennsylvania.
What is the airport code for Philadelphia Airport?
The airport code for Philadelphia International Airport is PHL.
What facilities does Philadelphia Airport have?
Philadelphia Airport has everything you could want in a major international hub. Free wifi, a variety of shops and dining options, pet relief areas and currency exchange stations are just some of the facilities available.
Why book your transfer with Holiday Extras?
- We have been helping customers with the nitty-gritty bits of travel for 36 years. From insurance to airport hotels to car hire, we've got the experience to make the whole process easy.
- Our booking system compares 1000's of airport transfer options with just one click.
- Our UK based call centre and helpline are available 24/7.
- The vehicles we use are of the highest standard, all under five years old and with air conditioning, perfect for those hot Philadelphia summer days.
- We are trusted by all of the world's leading travel companies.
If you need any help...
For all your Philadelphia Airport transfer questions and queries, our UK based team is on hand to help you out. Simply click here to visit our help and support page.
*Prices quoted based on one passenger, picking-up at Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) and dropping off in Wilmington via a shared shuttle bus. Prices correct at time of writing. Subject to change according to availability. FREE cancellations valid on all bookings up to 72 hours before travel time.Top