Funchal Airport Transfers
Book low cost transfers from Funchal Airport with Holiday Extras, with prices starting from under £3.00 with FREE cancellations up to 3 days before departure.
With glorious weather, fantastic scenery and a laid back Portuguese vibe, it little wonder that Madeira is also known as 'the Island of Eternal Spring'. Pre-book your Funchal Airport transfers with Holiday Extras to secure the best deals on a great range of shared and private transport, including airport shuttles and taxis.
Pre-book your Funchal Airport transfers today to save yourself time and money when you get to Madeira. You will be met in the arrivals hall and taken to your transfer, so there's no hanging around in queues at the airport taxi rank. As you pay for everything upfront, there's no surprise costs when you reach your Funchal hotel.
We compare loads of providers to bring you the very best prices on transfers from Funchal Airport to the door of your city hotel. By pre booking your Funchal transfers, you guarantee the fantastic prices that you see online, and save the hassle of waiting in long taxi queues at Funchal Airport.
Cheap Airport Transfers from Funchal Airport from £2.92
|Funchal Airport Transfers to the City Centre|
|Transfer Type||Journey time||Price per person|
|Shared Shuttle||55 minutes||£4.51|
|Speedy Shuttle||24 minutes||£5.59|
|Taxi for 3 people||30 minutes||£6.10|
|Taxi for 4 people||25 minutes||£5.03|
|Minibus for 8 people||40 minutes||£2.92|
|Executive transfer for 3 people||25 minutes||£7.53|
Reasons to pre-book your Funchal Transfers with Holiday Extras
Our mission here at Holiday Extras is to help you get to your destination, the hassle free way. We have a brilliant range of transfer options from Funchal Airport to the city, as well as other Madeira Airport transfers, and mainland Portugal airport transfers.
- We've got 36 years experience of the travel industry.
- Our simple booking system compares 1000s of airport transfer options.
- Our contact centre is UK-based and we have a 24/7 helpline available.
- All our vehicles are under 5 years old with air conditioning
- Award-winning, trusted provider
How far is it from Funchal Airport to the City?
Our fastest transfer from Funchal Airport is the speedy shuttle bus, which gets you into the city in just 24 minutes. Even our slowest transfer, the shuttle bus, which makes several stops on the way to your hotel, takes under an hour.
Transfer Options to suit everybody
Holiday Extras offers a wide range of Funchal Airport transfer options: from shared shuttle buses to private cars and minibuses. With each option you can take 1 suitcase, plus an item of hand luggage per passenger.
Pre-book your airport transfer to secure the best deals.
- Our cheapest option is a shared Funchal Airport shuttle, which are a great choice if you're saving your money for ice creams on the beach. We also offer speedy shuttles that promise no more than 4 stops to get you to your resort even quicker, still at a fantastic budget friendly price.
- To start your Madeira holiday in style, our private Funchal Airport transfer are the way to go. Think of them as our answer to a Funchal Airport taxi - only everything is arranged and paid for up-front.
- For larger groups, we also have minibuses, fantastic for ensuring that everyone in the group arrives together.
More information on all our different airport transfer vehicles can be found here.
All About Our Funchal Airport Transfers
What Happens Once I've Booked my Funchal Airport Transfer?
- When you book your Funchal Airport transfer through our fast and secure booking agent, we will send you a booking confirmation and e-ticket by email. It's important to keep a copy of this safe, as you'll need it when you arrive at Funchal Airport and take your transfer.
- Once you've landed in Funchal, wrestle your luggage off the baggage carousel, make you way through to the arrivals hall where your transfer will be waiting for you.
- If you've chosen to travel by shuttle bus, then a representative will be there to escort you to your coach. You'll be travelling with a group of fellow holiday makers so the drop-off order will be determined by where everyone is staying. There may also be a wait of up to 50 minutes at the airport for everyone to arrive.
- If you've booked a private transfer, your driver will be there to meet you. Keep an eye out in the hall where they will be holding a sign with your name on it. Alternatively, they may be waiting at a designated desk - full details will be on your confirmation. As you'll be the only passengers on your transfer, they will take you straight to your accommodation.
- More information regarding your transfer will be displayed on your e-ticket.
Uh oh! My Flight's Been Delayed!
Don't worry! In the event that your outward flight is delayed, we won't leave you stranded! On your e-ticket, there will be a contact number, so you need to call your provider and let them know what's happened. As long as you inform them of any delays to your flight, arrangements can be made to collect you as planned, so you will still get to your accommodation.
When it's time to come home...
When the time comes to say farewell to beautiful Madeira, we've made sure that you return transfer to Funchal Airport is hassle free, too..
- If you're booked on a shared shuttle, your representative at the airport will have all the information that you need. If you're unsure, then just ask them while you're on the transfer at the start of your holiday.
- If you're travelling on a private transfer, your e-ticket will contain all the information you need about your return journey.
- We recommend you're ready to leave 15 minutes before your pick-up time just to make sure you're there to be collected on time.
Holiday Extras Customer Support always on-hand!
Our brilliant help team is standing by for your questions about your Funchal Airport transfers. Simply click here to visit our help and support page.
Prices correct at time of writing. Subject to change according to availability. FREE cancellations valid on all bookings up to 72 hours before travel time.Top