If you're picking up passengers, we're here to help things run smoothly with our handy guide, with lots of information on arrivals at Aberdeen airport, including Pick Up parking, FAQs and more.
Driving to Aberdeen airport
The airport is just seven miles from Aberdeen city centre, and just off the A69 Aberdeen-Inverness road. As there are several different routes in, you'll need to know where you're heading before you arrive. Depending on the city nearest to your starting point, one of these routes will be the easiest:
- Glasgow, Stirling and Edinburgh - Head for Perth, then take the A90 following the signs for Aberdeen. Turn left onto Forfar Road/A90 when signposted, and follow the A90 all the way through Aberdeen until you're directed left onto the A96. At the second roundabout, take the third exit onto Dyce Drive - it'll be signposted for the airport.
- Dundee - Again, follow the A90 until the turn for the A96. You can take exactly the same route as above, and as you're starting from a little closer to the airport it won't take as long.
- Inverness - Take the A96 towards Aberdeen and keep following it, turning off at Dyce Drive when you see signs for the airport. It's that simple.
With all routes leading to the same entrance, Aberdeen airport isn't hard to find. If you've got a sat nav with you, pop the airport's postcode in: it's AB21 7DU. There's only one terminal that you need to get to, so you won't run the risk of ending up outside the wrong one.
Take a look at our directions to Aberdeen airport page if you need a more detailed route, or plan out your trip on the map below.
Aberdeen Airport Arrivals - Pick Up Parking
If you're on pick up duty, there are 2 parking options to choose from:
- Aberdeen airport Short Stay car park - Located right next to the terminal building. Charges start from £4 for 20 minutes.
- Aberdeen airport Long Stay car park - From here you can catch a shuttle bus to and from the terminal - transfers are free and take 5 minutes. Parking is FREE for 30 minutes.
|Aberdeen Airport Pick Up Options & Charges |
||Distance to terminal
Aberdeen Long Stay||5-minute shuttle bus
||Up to 30 mins
Up to 24 hours
Aberdeen Short Stay||1-3 minute walk
Don't waste time searching for deals - sign up and be the first to hear about our latest offers!
Public transport from Aberdeen airport
Whether you're headed into Aberdeen or further into Scotland, the airport is very well connected for public transport. It's frequently served by taxis, buses, coaches and trains - making it easy for you to continue your journey.
The following public transport options are available:
- Train. Dyce station is right next to the airport, but it's the other side of the runway so you'll need to take a bus or taxi to reach it. The station has direct links to Aberdeen (in just ten minutes), Edinburgh and Inverness.
- Bus and coach. Buses into Aberdeen and towards the train station stop right on the terminal forecourt. A number of different services run up to seven days a week, but you'll need to check when the last bus departs. There are long-distance coaches from the city centre.
- Taxi. There's a taxi bay at the terminal forecourt so you can conveniently hop in. As an example fare, a trip from the airport into central Aberdeen will cost around £15.
Arrivals at Aberdeen Airport - FAQs
How can I check flight landed status?
We highly recommend using a flight tracking website, such as Flightradar24, which allows you to track planes in real-time and see live predicted arrival times. Or check out the official Aberdeen Airport Arrivals page.
Can I pick someone up from Aberdeen Airport?
Yes, Aberdeen airport has a couple of parking options to consider if you're picking someone up. If you want to be within a short walking distance to the terminal, there's the Short Stay car park (prices from £4 for 20 mins). For FREE parking, be sure to head to the Long Stay car park.
Is there a free drop off at Aberdeen Airport?
Aberdeen airport offers FREE pick up parking at the Long Stay car park.
Don't see your question here?
Why not check out our Aberdeen Airport FAQ hub to see if you can find the answer you're looking for.