Collecting loved ones from the airport? To help make things easier for all you Pick Up Heroes, we've put together a guide with lots of handy information about arrivals at BHX airport, including Birmingham Pick Up parking, FAQs and more.
Driving to Birmingham Airport
Birmingham airport is easy to reach by car, as it's conveniently located just off junction 6 of the M42, via the A45. As the airport has a single terminal you'll be following the same directions whatever inbound flight you are picking someone up from, though directions will differ depending on your starting location:
- North-west - If you're travelling from Manchester or Liverpool, take the M6 then the M42 via the M6 Toll.
- North-east - From cities like Sheffield and Leeds drive down the M1 and the M42.
- East - If you're beginning from an eastern location, such as Coventry, simply follow the M6 to Birmingham airport.
- South-east - From London, Birmingham airport is easily accessible on the M40.
- South-west - Starting in Bristol, or another south-western location, simply follow the M5.
Sat nav can make the drive even easier - simply input Birmingham airport's postcode: B26 3QJ. If you need more detailed directions please visit our directions to Birmingham airport page, or consult the map below, before beginning your journey.
Before heading off to collect your passengers, be sure to check for dreaded flight delays, to avoid waiting at the airport longer than you need to. We highly recommend using a flight tracking website, such as Flightradar24 which allows you to track planes in real-time and see live predicted arrival times.
Birmingham Airport Arrivals - Pick Up Parking
If you're picking up passengers, the best place to park is at Car Park 1 or Car Park 2 & 3. These multi-storey car parks at Birmingham airport are located adjacent to the terminal, just a 1-2 minute walk away from Arrivals, making them an ultra convenient choice.
|Birmingham Airport Car Park 1, 2 and 3 Prices
|Up to 1 hour
|Up to 2 hours
|Up to 3 hours
|Up to 4 hours
|Up to 24 hours
|Over 1 day (per day)
Don't waste time searching for deals - sign up and be the first to hear about our latest offers!
Public transport from Birmingham Airport
When you arrive back at Birmingham airport you might be feeling tired after a long holiday - fortunately, there are plenty of convenient public transport options to ensure that you're on your way in plenty of time.
You can leave Birmingham airport the following ways:
- Train. Birmingham International Station links the airport to more than 100 towns and cities. Train operators run regular services to destinations like London, Manchester and Bournemouth, and the free Air-Rail Link system will transport you from the airport to the station. Transfers on the Air-Rail Link take 2 minutes and operate between 03:30 and 00:30 hours daily. Outside these hours you can either walk or catch a taxi. By foot it's about a 14 minute journey, by car it's roughly 4 minutes.
- Bus or coach. You can reach the airport via one of the following bus services: 900, 966, 777 or 97. Long distance coach services can also be booked in advance, if you have further to travel.
- Taxi. Located directly outside the arrivals area, black cabs carrying up to six passengers can be found at all hours. These official taxis are able to carry wheelchairs, and are the only taxis licensed to operate from the airport without prior booking.
Arrivals at Birmingham Airport - FAQs
Is there free pick up parking at Birmingham Airport?
Birmingham airport doesn't have a free pick up facility, instead drivers are advised to park at Car Park 1 or Car Parks 2 & 3. There is a Drop Off car park, located a 5-10 minute walk away, that offers free parking for 20 minutes, however this often isn't enough time to pick up passengers.
Where are Birmingham Airport arrivals?
The arrivals hall is located on the ground floor of Birmingham airport.
Has Birmingham Airport got delays?
You can check the status of all flights at Birmingham airport, including delays, on the official Birmingham Airport Departures and Arrivals page.
Are there two terminals at Birmingham Airport?
Birmingham airport is a single terminal airport.
Don't see your question here?
Why not check out our Birmingham Airport FAQ hub to see if you can find the answer you're looking for.