Toast the return of travel
with a bottle of Vinho Verde
Celebrate the opening of the green list by opening a bottle of "green wine" - on us!
With Portugal topping the green list, we wanted to celebrate travel's return by giving away 1000 bottles of Portugal's famous "green wine"
The first 1000 customers to book their airport holiday extras with us and spend £150 or more on a single trip will receive a free bottle of Portuguese "green wine". We've selected an excellent Vinho Verde 2020 from Quinta da Raza, an old family estate founded in 1791 for you to enjoy. (Don't worry, it's not actually green, it's white, it's just what they call it).
Just spend at least £150 on your holiday extras with us* and we'll email you to let you know our fulfilment partner will get your wine out to you.
Ordering your wine
To order your wine simply book your eligible holiday extras with us, spending £150 or more on a single trip(terms and conditions apply, see below). We'll email you a link to claim your wine and take care of everything at our end. That's it - hassle-free as ever.
Portuguese vineyard and a glass of white wine (stock image)
Portugal's "green wine" - the fabulous vinho verde
While "vinho verde" translates literally as "green wine", really it means "young wine" - this is, a wine that is intended to be drunk soon after bottling. Normally the vinho verde is released six months after the harvest, and we are therefore delighted to have secured 1000 bottles of the 2020 Quinta da Raza, an old family estate that has been producing wine since 1791.
A vinho verde is light and refreshing, due to its youth and the grape varietals normally used, and pairs with fish, seafood and salads as well as making a fine aperitif. Not quite a semi-sparking wine, there is normally a pleasant hint of effervescence.
Vinho verde is not a grape varietal per se but, like Spain's famous Rioja, a DOC. The Raza vinho verde is normally made up primarily of a blend of Arinto and Azal grapes harvested from the family's vineyard at Veade, Celorico de Basto in the north of Portugal.
*Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions apply.
- The promoter of this promotion is Holiday Extras Ltd (company no. 01693250) whose registered office is at The Wave, Holiday Extras Campus, Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent, UK, CT21 4JF
- The promotion is open to customers of Holiday Extras who have spent at least £150 on a single trip on eligible products marketed by the promoter during the period of the promotion, either via the Holidayextras.com website, the Holidayextras app or the Holiday Extras call centre. Eligible products include hotels, car parking, hotels with car parking, car hire, airport transfers, Fast Track and airport lounges marketed and sold by the promoter on those channels. Insurance products, Covid testing and currency products are not eligible products for the purposes of this promotion
- Entrants must be at least 18 years old and may be asked for proof of both ID and age on receipt of their wine
- This offer is only available to UK residents and only ships to mainland UK
- Your wine will ship after you have used your holiday extras and returned from your trip; in the event that the holiday extras you booked with us are cancelled, in whole or in part, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion and these terms and conditions without notice
- The promoter is not responsible for the details of the wine, which will be supplied by a third-party fulfilment party
- No cash alternative to the promotion will be offered. The promotion is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute the offer with another of equivalent value without giving notice
- By entering this promotion, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions
- The promotion and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England
Looking for more inspiration, information or a handy travel guide? You'll find more on our travel hub.
At Holiday Extras we're all about hassle-free travel - so we've read all the documents and done all the research so you don't have to.
Wed Jun 23 2021 14:24
In our guide to Covid testing for travel - find out everything from current PRC Covid testing requirements for your holiday to Covid-19 test procedures.
Mon Jun 21 2021 16:39
The Lisbon Travel Guide from Holiday Extras is here to help you make the most of your free time by showing you the best things to do in Lisbon.
Thu Jun 03 2021 15:27