Get insured for your trip to Jersey from as little as *
Travel insurance Jersey
With its interesting mix of British and French culture, historic castles, cliffside walking trails and wartime heritage, Jersey has been a popular destination among Brits looking for a relaxing vacation closer to home. Taking out comprehensive travel insurance for Jersey can make the trip all the more enjoyable, as you can rest assured, safe in the knowledge that you're protected against cancellations, medical emergency costs and lost personal possessions.
Do I need travel insurance to Jersey?
Despite being a British Crown dependency and having close links with the UK, the Island of Jersey is officially self-governing with it's own separate legal and healthcare systems. As such, having adequate travel insurance in place is desireable for UK citizens travelling to Jersey.
While a Reciprocal Health Agreement does exist between Jersey and the UK (which in some instances can mean exemption from certain emergency medical costs) this is no replacement for comprehensive travel insurance with medical cover, as you could still be liable to pay hefty medical charges.
How do I book my travel insurance?
Booking travel insurance for your trip to Jersey is very simple. Just fill out the quote form at the top of the page, remembering to include the name of your destination in the 'destination' field. You'll then be able to the view the details and policy wording of our UK travel insurance before making your booking.
Annual travel insurance
If you're planning a few trips during the course of the year, then it may be worth considering an annual multi-trip policy. With an annual multi-trip policy you are covered for an unlimited number of trips abroad, provided each trip includes a minium of one over night stay, and does not exceed the maximum trip duration limit.**
An annual multi-trip policy could potentially save you both time and money as you'll only need to book and pay once for your travel insurance policy.
Top tips for travelling to Jersey
Currency - Although English money is widely accepted, along with most major debit and credit cards, the Island mints it's own currency, so you may find that change will be given in Jersey money. Jersey money carries the same value as english money, though you may find that some UK business will be hesitant to accept Jersey currency.
Driving - In Jersey they drive on the left side, so visitors from the UK shouldn't have any problems. The official island speed limit is fixed at 40mph, so bear this in mind when travelling by car.
Public transport - Buses are the main mode of transport in Jersey with regular services linking the main attractions and towns.
Cycling - The island is criss-crossed with a network of cycle trails, running along the coast and through quiet country lanes. A great way to get around and stay physically active at the same time.
Walking - The abundance of tree-lined country lanes, hidden bays, beaches and coastal trails make exploring the island on foot an absolute pleasure.
Useful links for UK travel:
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.