Loading, please wait...
Travel Insurance Edinburgh
While taking out a UK travel insurance policy might not strike you as an obvious addition to your packing list, when you think about it, it makes perfect sense.
Whether you've paid for a flight from London, or have booked a train journey from Leeds, if for any sudden and unforeseen accident, illness, loss or damage which is beyond your reasonable control, then you might be entitled to reimbursement for your cancelled journey. Of course you won't need medical insurance for your Scottish trip, as you have access to the wonderful gem that is the NHS.
Baggage cover - up to £500
Cancellation cover - up to £1,000
Personal money - up to £300
Lost passport - up to £250
Standard excess charge - up to £150
For more information please consult our policy booklet.
Top 5 things to see and do in Edinburgh
1. The Edinburgh Festival
Edinburgh is known for its large and famous arts festival, which normally takes place during August. This month-long festival is a vivid celebration of theatre and the arts. Edinburgh becomes very crowded during this period, so if this isn't for you then avoid visiting in August.
2. Edinburgh Castle
Edinburgh Castle sits above the city and is iconic for its size and its foothold over the town. Steeped in history going back to the Iron Age, this castle makes the perfect spot to explore Scotland's chaotic history.
3. National Galleries Scotland
Explore 3 Galleries including the Scottish National Gallery which contains some of the best fine art collections in the world, the Portrait Gallery and the nearby Modern Art Gallery a few minutes' walk away, where you'll find lots of interesting art to inspire you.
4. Camera Obscura
See the skyline in a very different way to New York's Empire State Building at the Camera Obscura; a strange Victorian device that allows you to see the whole of the cityscape, a world away from the vibrant displays on the lower floors.
5. Old City Observatory
The observatory has recently been recreated by the opening of two new arts complexes; before this, the observatory's ruins stood above Edinburgh as a mere spectacle in remembrance to the astrologers of the past.
What can you do in Edinburgh for free?
Most of the museums in Edinburgh are completely free such as the National Museum of Scotland, giving you the chance to learn the history of your destination. Additionally, many outdoor parks and botanical gardens are free, including free walking tours which allow you to explore the natural heart of the capital.
Is there a train from Edinburgh to Loch Ness?
Although it is a relatively long train, there are direct routes between Edinburgh and Loch Ness, and you can catch a sleeper service if you do not want to miss out on any of your daylight hours. When travelling on holiday, you should always ensure that you take out travel insurance in case of delays or cancellations during your trip.
Click to find out more about travel insurance for Edinburgh.
Which city are you travelling to..?
Looking for more specific travel and insurance information on a particular european city? Take a look at our in-depth city guides
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.