Loading, please wait...
Get comprehensive travel insurance for your children with policies starting from just *
Getting everything ready for a school trip takes some thought and preparation. From packing lists to paying off the trip itself, it's all too easy to forget to check whether your children are properly insured for the trip.
Why do I need school trip travel insurance?
It's important to note that insurance provided by most schools will usually only provide for general liability. This means that if a child is injured on the trip and need medical attention, they might not be covered for things like casts and splints, ambulances and hospital stays. In addition, with the school's standard insurance policy, your children might not be covered for the loss of any medication they might need to take, or if they lose their glasses . As all parents know, these can add up and end up being quite expense.
So if your child is going away with the school on a skiing trip, you know that with the right travel insurance policy in place, any broken bones won't necessarily break the bank.
Here's how our top quality travel insurance policies for school trips can help safeguard your peace of mind.
Children's Travel Insurance
This insures that should children require medical attention during the trip, you won't need to foot the medical bill yourself. In the vast majority of cases, you probably (and hopefully) won't ever need to use this part of your travel insurance policy, but it's good to know that children are covered up to £10 million should they require medical attention. From repatriation, cover for children with pre-existing medcial conditions to personal accident cover, with a good travel insurance polocy in place, you can send your kids away safe in the knowledge that they're covered should they need it.
Pre-existing medical conditions
It's important to find out whether children travelling in your party have any pre-existing medical conditions as these need to be declaring before booking a policy. If there are any children with particularly complex medical conditions who will be travelling under your care, it may be best to have the parents book a separate medical travel insurance policy tailored specifically to the needs of their child.
This section of your cover is especially useful if the planned school trip is a longer, residential trip, which tend to be more expensive. In case the trip needs to be cut short or cancelled for reasons beyond your control, you can be sure to get any money back that you might have otherwise lost.
Children are often prone to misplacing and losing things and this eventuality is increased when they are on a school trip — often with heightened levels of excitement at the new surroundings! Through either selecting gadget cover as an added extra, or by purchasing a Platinum policy which includes gadget cover as standard, you are insuring that should they lose a mobile phone, tablet or camera, we will cover you for loss, theft or damaged items.
Single trip or annual travel insurance?
For teachers thinking about taking their class for one day trip or longer residential school trip in the year, a Single Trip policy will probably be the best option for you to insure children under your care.
Alternatively, if you know that you as a school have several day trips planned for the children throughout the year, then it may be more cost effective to take out an annual travel insurance policy.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.