Loading, please wait...
Huawei P20 Pro Insurance
Insure your Huawei P20 pro against loss, theft and damage while on holiday from just
Heralded as having the most powerful, capable camera of any smartphone on the market, the Huawei P20 Pro has certainly caused a stir on the mobile tech scene. If you decided to give the innovative Chinese tech company a go and invest in the P20 Pro, then it's likely you'll want to make sure your device is properly insured before your next trip.
Why Choose Holiday Extras Gadget Cover?
With Holiday Extras gadget travel insurance, you can confidently insure your P20 Pro against any accidental damage, loss and theft of the device.
Here are some of the benefits in taking out our gadget cover for your Huawei device:
|Cover for theft & loss?|
|Broken screen replacement|
|Maximum cover length|
Which cover level should I choose for my Huawei P20 Pro?
We have three levels of gadget cover to choose from, so you can decide for yourself exactly how much cover is needed:
|Accidental/malicious damage, theft, loss|
|Single item, pair and set cover|
Accidental damage - Unlike with a device warranty which only works to provide cover against defective products, Holiday Extras gadget travel insurance policies cover against most forms of accidental damage that could befall your device. This means that should you drop it in the toilet, spill coffee over it, sit on it etc, you can receive full cover for repairs or a replacement.
Theft and loss - This protects your investment, should you lose your phone to a pickpocket or happen to lose it while out and about. So long as you can provide proof of original purchase together with a police report, then we can reimburse you for the loss of the device.
Unauthorised usage - This will protect you against any unwanted phone and data bills that could rack up if a thief gets hold of your phone.
The P20 Pro is water-resistant. Do I need to insure it?
While it's true that the P20 Pro has a top water resistance rating of IP67, this does not mean that it is completely water-proof. Unfortunately, there is still the chance that the device can be badly affected if exposed to water or fine particles like dust or sand for long periods of time.
Another important thing to note is that any damage occuring to the device as a result of water exposure is not covered in Huawei's warranty, so you could end up in a bit of a pickle without a proper gadget cover to fall back on. To find out more about the IP scale and how devices are tested for water and dust resistence, check out our IP rating page.
Huawei's warranty offers the consumer protection against defective products.
The warranty period is valid for:
- 24 months (on the device)
- 6 months (on the charger and removable battery)
- 3 months (on the earphones)
The idea is that should the device or any of these components fail within the warranty period, then they are considered defective and the product can be replaced.
However, a device warranty doesn't quite replace reliable gadget cover, and there are several reasons why:
- Device warranties don't always cover for damage from liquid spillages, corrosion or rust
- The device is not always covered for any accidental damage.
- A device warranty will not cover you for loss or theft.
A device warranty usually only exists to ensure the quality of the product, and does not provide all the benefits of gadget cover.
Looking to insure another device?
Find out more about how best to insure your devices.
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei P20
- Huawei P20 lite
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.