Loading, please wait...
Gadget Insurance for Apple Watch
Insure your gadgets and tech while on holiday with prices starting from just *
With a host of features measuring fitness, health, outdoor temperatures and general productivity, the Apple Watch 4th generation is designed with active people in mind.
These little gadgets however, come at not so little a price. If you're planning a trip soon and are thinking of taking along your Apple Watch, here's how you can insure your device against the unexpected.
Holiday Extras' Gadget Travel Insurance
Taking out a comprehensive travel insurance policy including gadget cover is a wise move, and could save you a lot of money stress in the long-run. As with most wearable tech, there comes a significant chance of damaging or breaking the device through use.
With Holiday Extras gadget travel insurance, insuring gadgets and tech such as iPads, smartphones and other devices is easy and straightforward. You can expect cover of up to £3000** for accidental damage, loss and theft.
Accidental damage - this will ensure that your devices are protected against damage from drops, fire and water damage. Provide proof of original purchase, and we can reimburse you for the cost of repairing or replacing the device.
Loss and theft - This part of your insurance has you covered against the loss of your device, whether by theft or simply misplacing it. You'll again need to provide proof of purchase along with a police report detailing the incident.
Holiday Extras' Gadget Cover
Here's what you can expect from Holiday Extras gadget cover:
|Cover for theft & loss?|
|Broken screen replacement|
|Maximum cover length|
Which cover level should I choose for my Apple Watch?
There are three levels of gadget cover to choose from, so you can decide just exactly how much cover you'll need for your trip:
|Accidental/malicious damage, theft, loss|
|Single item, pair and set cover|
Is the Apple Watch waterproof?
The Apple Watch (4th gen.) much like the iPhone 7, 8 and X has an IP rating of IP67. This does not mean that the device is totally waterproof, but rather that it is water-resistant up to a certain depth. Earlier models however may not be so resistant to water — the very first model of Apple Watch having no kind of resistance rating whatsoever.
While you might get away with wearing your water-resistant Apple Watch in the swimming pool, this doesn't mean that it's a good idea to wear it in the shower, as the chemicals from soap and shampoo can degrade the water-resistance.
Another important thing to note is that not all the wrist bands available for the Apple Watch are in fact waterproof, so depending on which band you have, you may not want to even wear the watch in the swimming pool. For this reason, it's best to take care when using your Apple Watch underwater, despite the impressive IP rating. Activating the water-lock feature prevents the touch screen from being activated by water, and also works to eject water from the speaker after the device has been submerged.
Looking to insure another device?
Find out more about how best to insure your devices.
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei P20 Pro
- Huawei P20
- Huawei P20 lite
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s
**Cover level stated is valid for level three gadget cover.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.