battleface™ Travel Medical - FCDO Travel Insurance
With battleface™ you're covered to travel to countries that the FCDO has advised against.
Travel insurance that covers FCDO advice
If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against 'all but essential travel' to your holiday destination most insurers won't provide you cover, since many have an exclusion for customers travelling against government advice. While we are by no means encouraging people to ignore government travel advice, it's worth noting that whether your trip is essential is ultimately up to you. If you decide to continue with your travel plans, to a country with FCDO advisory warnings, you may need specialist insurance.
How do I know where the FCDO has advised against travel?
You'll find the latest forgeign travel advice, including travel warnings, on the official FCDO Travel Advice website.
We've partnered with battleface™, a provider of flexible insurance plans for travellers going to unconventional locations (including those under government "essential only" travel advice), to offer a solution for customers who aren't covered on our standard policies and are looking for FDCO travel insurance.
For more information or to start obtaining a quote please:Contact the battleface™ team
What's included in battleface™ travel insurance?
|Cancellation and Curtailment||£2000|
|Emergency Medical Expenses||£5,000,000 (excess £250 or £50)|
|Hospital Benefit||£25 per day (up to £100)|
|Personal Accident||Up to £250,000|
|Baggage||Up to £5,000 (excess £250 or £50)|
|Personal Money and Passports||Up to £5,000 (excess £250 or £50)|
Please note: There is no cover provided for customers who are over the age of 80, travelling more than 90 days in advance or are an active member of any military or paramilitary force at any time during the policy period.
Does battleface™ provide cover for COVID-19?
Yes, battleface™ covers medical expenses caused by or resulting from coronavirus, making it a great option to consider if you're looking for Covid 19 travel insurance. Cover in relation to Covid-19 expenses for trip cancellations, curtailment of a holiday or lockdowns is not included.
Covid-19 Travel Advice
Please consult UK Government Travel Advice: Covid-19 for all the latest information. We've also put together some Top Tips for Travelling During Covid-19, which includes everything from our top travel destinations to what you can expect at the airport and on your flight.
Does battleface™ provide cover for trips to areas where the FCDO has advised against travel?
battleface™ is worth considering if you need travel insurance that covers against FCDO advice. You'll receive comprehensive cover for all destinations including countries under FCDO and government essential and non-essential travel advisories.
Do pre-existing conditions need to be declared?
battleface™ does not cover any pre-existing medical conditions so you don't need to disclose your pre-existing conditions when you buy a policy but they may ask for relevant details of your medical history in the event of a claim.
For a full summary and to view policy documents please take a look at the battleface™ Travel Medical page.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848, Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address, Ashford road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by White Horse Insurance Ireland dac is registered in Ireland No. 306045. White Horse Insurance Ireland dac’s Registered Office is First Floor, Rineanna House, Shannon Free Zone, Shannon, County Clare, Republic of Ireland. White Horse Insurance Ireland dac is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. The nature and extent of consumer protections may differ from those for firms based in the UK. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website, our FRN is 203320.