8 Tips to Waltzing Through Airport Security
Airport security. The bane of even the most seasoned business traveller. No one can deny how tiresome and time-consuming it can be to brave the endless queues avoid losing your things. Since this is an inevitable part of the process in order to get on the plane, here's how you can make the whole ordeal a little easier for yourself...
1. Pack light
Yes? I mean you are going to a business meeting or conference and not a vacation. Hence to save your time, consider packing the only things that you will need for your trip. The best option to help you pack less is the use of a carry-on bag. This is an easy to carry bag and it will take little time to have a carry-on bag checked at the checkpoint. Most carry on bags are equipped with different carrying pockets where some are designed for electronics such as the iPad and the laptops. This makes the checking to be quick and easy since all things are organised in a good order.
2. Carry liquids in a separate bag
If you will be carrying any liquid to your trip let's say medications, it is essential that you pack them in a separate clear bag for easy access. This is important since it helps you save time and prevent having your belongings removed to see what may be in the liquid bottle.
3. Observe the airport rules
This is mainly essential for those who are carrying liquids. There is a rule that states that a person has to carry one liquid in each quart bag and it should not exceed more than 3.4 ounces. Failure to follow this rule may trigger more checking in other areas of the security section. So, follow this rule and ensure that your liquids are packed as requested by the airline.
4. Check the line you are at
There is no point of you queuing for hours and yet you only have a backpack that needs to be checked. Thus, to avoid wasting too much time on the checkpoint lines, make sure to check the people in front of you. If possible avoid the lines with people who are travelling with kids as it may take more time to check them as compared to solo travellers.
5. Sign up with TSA pre-check
This is a great tip for those who are prone to travelling often for businesses trips and so on. By signing up with the Global TSA pre-check, you will be able to save a lot of time in queuing since you get to be cleared at the security located on the front end of your flight. In some cases, you also get an opportunity by passing the long custom check-in processes once you get to the airport.
6. Hire an airport shuttle for transportation.
If you want to save up time and get to the queuing line on time, then you might as well consider booking for an airport shuttle to drive you to the airport. You can also ask someone to drop you at the airport instead of driving yourself there. This is because it saves you the time that you could have spent in looking for a parking lot to for your car.
7. Wear comfortable shoes
Comfort is essential when travelling and wearing comfortable shoes at the airport helps your movements to be easy and comfortable as well. Comfortable shoes allow you to manoeuvre along the line with ease and it helps other passengers to move faster and quicker too. So, if you are a lady avoid wearing high heels when travelling and for men make sure to wear comfortable sneakers or canvas.
8. Travel off-peak
Most people don't like or rather don't have time to travel on the weekdays, and hence, this is the best time or you to travel if you don't want to be caught in those long queues. If your business meeting will be happening on a Monday, consider travelling on a Thursday or Friday.
We all don't want to be stuck on long queues at the security checkup point at the airport, and therefore, to reduce such time, consider employing the above tips.
If you found the tips and insights into business travel useful, then check out our other helpful articles.
- Are Pilotless planes the future of air travel?
- Top Cyber Security Tips for Business travellers
- How does in-flight Wi-fi work?
- How effective are your business meetings?
- How good a listener are you?
- How much VAT can you claim from a business trip?
- How to deal with Jet-lag
- How to pack for a business trip
- The Impact of Brexit on travel
- How will Brexit affect UK Business travellers?
- How to keep track of business expenses when travelling
- Should you ditch checked-in luggage?
- Staying healthy during business travel
- Top 10 destinations for business travellers
- Bleisure travel in 2018 - a rising trend
- Gadget insurance
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 828848, Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address, Ashford road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by White Horse Insurance Ireland dac is registered in Ireland No. 306045. White Horse Insurance Ireland dac’s Registered Office is First Floor, Rineanna House, Shannon Free Zone, Shannon, County Clare, Republic of Ireland. White Horse Insurance Ireland dac is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. The nature and extent of consumer protections may differ from those for firms based in the UK. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website, our FRN is 203320.