Travel Insurance from Holiday Extras
Welcome back to holidays! Our flexible policies, with four different levels of cover are here to help you travel hassle-free in the new normal.
With over 30 years' experience selling travel insurance, half a million policies sold annually and Globe's Best Insurance Provider twelve years running, it's safe to say we know a thing or two about travel insurance. That's why, at Holiday Extras we've put together four levels of cover that can be tailored specifically to your individual needs.
Book on or offline! We have over 30 trained insurance specialists, as well as an Insurance Support Page waiting to help you book the perfect policy and answer any questions you may have.
We've also put together the Holiday Extras' Hassle-free Holiday Hub, your one-stop shop for information to get you prepared for travel returning on May 17th.
Why is Travel Insurance important?
To put it simply: travel insurance or 'holiday insurance' is a precaution. When going on holiday you invest money in your trip: from transport, parking, accommodation and luggage — not to mention your health too.
Whether you need a single trip or annual travel insurance policy, or maybe you're setting sail and need cruise insurance — we have a wide array of comparable cover level options for you to choose from.
Alongside our trusted, reliable and comprehensive cover, Holiday Extras are also specialists for medical travel insurance. If you have a serious medical condition (or multiple conditions), our compassionate and understanding team will work with you to find you a policy that meets your requirements.
With over 99% of common conditions covered, we are proud to say that our specialist medical cover meets the requirements for inclusion on the Money Advice Service (MAS) travel insurance directory.
Travel Insurance and the FCDO
Our travel insurance coverage continues to be based on the latest FCDO advice, and is not impacted by the new traffic light system. Please always refer to the latest FCDO advice to ensure there are no advisories against travel which may affect your travel insurance policy.
Four reasons to choose Holiday Extras as your travel insurance provider:
|Four different cover level options
to suit your travel needs
|Voted best insurance provider by the Globe Travel Awards 2020||We will consider ALL medical conditions||Specific cruise cover for itinerary change, cabin confinement and abandonment|
|UK Staycation cover available for those not travelling internationally||Rated 4.2 out of 5 on Trustpilot||Up to £10 million worth of medical cover||We're partnered with the largest cruise lines|
|Single or Annual? Europe or Worldwide?||Recommended and used by over 500 travel agents||COVID cover included||A choice of three different cover levels|
|Extras including gadget cover, winter sports, extreme sports included as standard.||Award-winning Kent-based contact centre||24/7 online medical screening||We offer medical and non-medical cruise policies|
Introducing Flextras, from Holiday Extras.
We understand that the events of 2020 and changeable government updates have put much uncertainty on travel. That's why at Holiday Extras, we've introduced Flextras, offering maximum flexibility on your bookings, should you need to move your trip in the event of circumstances arising due to covid-19. Flextras are always flexible and always easy to amend.
How does Flextras affect your travel insurance booking?In short, if you buy single trip travel insurance for a trip starting in 2021 and you need to move your dates, you can move them to any date starting in 2022 free of charge. For more information check out our Flextras hub.
Holiday Extras' enhanced Covid cover:
While travel restrictions are slowly lifting, we understand that this is still an unpredictable time. As such, peace of mind is of the utmost importance.
That's why our enhanced Covid policy has you covered for the following:
- Cancellation if you or anyone insured on your policy contracts COVID-19 prior to travelling and receives a positive test within 14 days prior to the travel start date.
- Cancellation if you, anyone insured on this policy, or a household member had to isolate at home due to Covid-19
- Abandonment cover if you, or anyone insured on this policy were denied boarding by your transport provider on the outward journey of your trip due to having or being suspected of having an infectious disease including Covid-19 (Platinum policies only or optional extra).
- Curtailment if the customer or their travel companion were diagnosed with an infectious disease during their trip (including contracting Covid-19).
- Up to £10,000,000 if you require emergency medical treatment abroad.
- Cover for additional travel and accommodation costs if you are discharged from hospital but medically unable to return home immediately.
- Costs for one other person to stay with you, or to travel to you from the UK and accompany you home.
- Travel costs to or from a hospital relating to your admission, discharge or attendance for outpatient treatment.
- Travel costs to and from appointments, or for the collection of medication prescribed for you by the hospital and the cost of additional food and drink.
- Cover for additional accommodation and/or return transportation if you are denied boarding your return flight due to having or being suspected of having COVID-19 (Platinum policies only or optional extra).
Available on Gold, Platinum, Gold Cruise, Cruise Medical and Staycation travel insurance unless otherwise stated.
Why do I need travel insurance for my holiday?
While no one wants to think about worst-case scenarios on holiday, it is worth having a safety net in place should something go wrong down the line that could potentially leave you out of pocket. That's why it's important to have the best travel insurance for your own specific needs.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 is registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.