Engineering People Manager
Holiday Extras is for those who dare to do things differently.
For those who aren't bound by convention or the status quo.
Join us and help us Remake Holiday Making.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about people management to join us as an Engineering Manager and become part of our expert team.
We want someone to bring their brilliant coaching and management skills to drive the performance of our incredible Software Engineers, and help our teams achieve their goals, perform at their best and help us maintain engineering excellence. You will be motivating and inspiring and can expertly balance people's individual needs with the needs of Holiday Extras.
You will be part of our Technology, Product & Data team and work collaboratively within our matrix management structure to support the delivery of great products, booking flows and apps for our customers.
You'll have several years of experience managing people, a background in Engineering isn't required but you should have an interest in technology and product development and a desire to learn. You will work closely with other people leads in the Technology, Product & Data team to drive consistency in our approach to performance and personal development.
We would love to speak to candidates who have worked in an agile environment where performance and delivery are key. Depending on your background, will also depend on what other areas of the team you get involved with. You can be guaranteed however, that no two days will be the same.
By joining our team, you'll
- Hold regular 121s with those you manage, using this time to coach and support them
- Have expert personal development conversations to help individuals set and then achieve their goals
- Manage performance, providing regular feedback (strengths and developments)
- Liaise with other managers, be part of a support network and ensure consistency in approach
- Make team improvements to drive engagement, retention, team performance and progression
- Leading and facilitating team events such as our bi-annual internal conference day
- Support the recruitment of top tech talent
- Guiding those you work with to find their own answers, but stepping in and taking a more direct approach when the time is right
- Working with our product development teams to help improve delivery and bring positive changes in process, based on your understanding, learning and observations on Software Delivery
Engineering People Manager
Salary: DOE (plus benefits)
We're flexible for the right person, full time, part time, job share etc.
What you can bring to our team...
- Experience of managing and coaching people, developing high performance and tackling performance issues head on.
- An approach which focuses on driving ownership and accountability by individuals themselves; raising the performance bar of the individual and their team.
- An ability to recognise people's strengths, and understands how the individual can best play to these for the benefit of the business and their own development.
- Solutions focused approach and ability to drive transformation within the team.
- A flexible and pragmatic approach to change - setting a great example to others.
- An inspirational and effective communicator, both written and verbal, able to influence at all levels.
- Someone who encourages an environment of learning and experiment; leading by example by constantly developing yourself - improving your own knowledge and sharing this with others.
- A high level of emotional intelligence, with your resilience having a positive impact on those around you.
- Passion for keeping up with ever changing technology.
- Drives and inspires continued success and development at an individual and team level.
- Experience of working in a technical team using agile methodologies is preferred.
Everyone's career path is individual and different, so this is just a guide. At Holiday Extras, we're looking for diverse perspectives and big ideas from people who are curious and keen to learn. So even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job, you're encouraged to apply so that we can discover your unique talents!
There's a world of benefits waiting for you!
As well as being supported by a team who are rooting for you to be the best version of yourself, you'll be able to enjoy fantastic work environments in which to work and a world of competitive benefits including:
25 Days Holiday
Birthday Day Off
Gym Membership Discounts
Enhanced Parental Leave
Employee Assistance Programme
Cycle To Work Scheme
Electric Car Scheme
Discounts & Concessions
How we hire for this role
We know your time is precious, so we keep our hiring process as quick and easy as possible, being open with what to expect before and at each stage.
After submitting your application, if we believe you might be a match, you'll enter our hiring process...
You'll be invited to a video call with Simon Wood, our Associate Director of Technology.
We'll get back to you with feedback and hopefully invite you to a half day remote or onsite pairing. Followed by a panel interview with people from our tech and leadership teams.
Cultivating a diverse and inclusive culture is paramount for us.
As part of this, we have designed our hiring process so you can be comfortable to confidently convey your strengths and who you are.
Recognising we are all different, if for whatever reason you need us to adapt the process, please get in touch via [email protected].